Welcome to Camp Dixie.
Over 100 years of history, come be a part of the future.
- Camp Fairs:
- Town Center Mall – Saturday, Feb 25
- Perimeter Mall – Saturday, Mar 18
- Babes in the Woods – April 28 – 30
- Open House – May 7, 2 – 4 pm
- Summer Camp – June 4 – July 22
- Day Camp Week 1 – June 5 – 9
- Day Camp Week 2 – July 17 – 22
- Eclipse Party – August 18 – 21
Camp Dixie is a traditional summer camp for boys and girls located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Northeast Georgia. Camp Dixie is a small private residential camp founded by A.A. Jameson in 1914.
For 100 years, generations of families have enjoyed the traditions and shared the memories of their summers at Camp Dixie. Our rich history and limited enrollment are what sets us apart from other camps. Limiting our enrollment to around 70 campers, ages 6 to 15, allows us to emphasize the “family” atmosphere that we feel is so important. While providing a safe and supportive environment, Camp Dixie creates a unique setting where campers can make new friends and learn new skills, while learning more about themselves.
Camp Dixie is located just 113 miles northeast of Atlanta. We are situated on 350 acres at an elevation of about 3000 feet in the Blue Ridge Mountains of northeast Georgia. Our private spring-fed lake is ideal for swimming and learning to canoe and kayak. The camp is surrounded by preserved forest with Black Rock State Park to the east and U.S. Forest Service land to the North.
Check out our sessions and fees.
Camp Dixie news and announcements.
Why is Camp Dixie special?
- Small size. We limit our enrollment to just 70 campers during any one session so that we can meet the needs and concerns of each camper individually.
- We are not about ‘stuff’. There are no blobs, zip lines, speed boats, or go-karts. We have a lot of fun activities at Camp Dixie, but “the fun” is not about things. We rely on the nature that surrounds us and our wonderful staff to make each child’s time special. We try to minimize the distractions of the outside world and maximize the attractions of the natural world.
- Higher standards for staff. Our staff are the ones who create the magic at Camp Dixie. They are college students selected for their skills and experience with children. Most of our counselors were campers at Dixie and want to give back. They help the new campers fall in love with their new summer home – Camp Dixie. Our staff live in the same cabin as the campers (they do not have their own room). They are with the campers 24/7 with the exception of their day off.
- Higher standards for campers. We require every camper to sign a Code of Conduct outlining the level of behavior we expect. Campers are held accountable for their actions and attitudes.
- Rustic setting. The original cabins are still in use. Their history, and being a part of Camp Dixie, makes the tradition come alive. Our oldest cabins were built in 1919. While they are maintained and updated, they are still very recognizable from the old photographs. Year after year alumni visit and tell us Dixie looks just like they remember it.
- More than just fun. We are a Christian summer camp and focus our program on character development. Our goal is to help everyone become the best version of themselves. The entire atmosphere of the camp encourages campers to do their best and to be ever aware of doing their best for others. Camp Dixie campers and counselors come from many different beliefs, religions, and backgrounds– allowing them a great opportunity to learn from each other. We work to make everyone feel comfortable and to learn from this unique environment.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where is Camp Dixie located?
- How much does it cost?
- When are your sessions?
- How do I sign up?
- What activities are available?
- What clothing will my child need?
- What is a typical day like?
- Why is Camp Dixie special?
- What do other parents say about your summer camp?
- When did Camp Dixie start?
- How can I contact you?
- What is your staff like?
- Can I see some pictures?
- Even more pictures?
- Would you like to hear from Alumni?